The foundation stone of Magdeburgs cathedral of St. Maurice and St. Catherine
was laid in 1209, after the previous building, closely associated with the Emperor
Otto the Great of the Holy Roman Empire, was destroyed by fire.
There have been organs in the cathedral since at least the 14th century.
These pages aim to give some
information about the historical instruments
and about the three present organs,
two of which have been built since 2008.